Children have a place in everything we do, welcome!
The prayground is the area at the very front of the sanctuary on the right-hand side with teen volunteers ready to quietly play during worship. This zone is designed for those who don’t like sitting in a chair for an hour and are not ready or willing to join a program. The pray ground allows parents and children to be present in worship together; this is where we build trust and belonging.
The Prayground up front fosters Belonging
- We Welcome Wiggles
- We believe children’s whole selves belong in sacred spaces
- Kids learn worship by being present
- Smiles Build Community and Compassion
- kids can engage at the heart of the action: so the Prayground is up front
- We are all role models—greet questions with gentle whispers
- The Prayground is for stretching out, movement, and hand busy activities
- Please feel free to come and go with a child as needed
- The service is livestreamed to a screen in Hewett Hall with a playroom open for use as desired
- Nursing parents are welcome everywhere—there is a comfy chair in the Hewett playroom if you want more privacy
Teen volunteers help maintain our prayground, assist in our children’s program, and are available to engage young children in a gentle and playful way. We are here to support your journey and family prescence. Regular modeling being together builds relationship and trust. We hope you find enjoyment and sanctuary here.